Spring refers to the season of rebirth, renewal, regrowth, and resurrection. Flowers are blooming, the weather is warming up, and days are longer. Spring is an amazing time for outdoor activities, but there are just as many great things to do around your home.
Here are 3 Ideas to Make the Most of Spring
Spring Cleaning – We couldn’t begin the list without acknowledging one of the most popular things to do during spring. Out with the old in with the new during spring is when many people decide to organize their homes, office, and even car. Cleaning your home from top to bottom is perfect to do during spring. Are you in need of inspiration to organize and declutter, then be sure to check out Chaos to Calm? Chaos to Calm is sure to bring calm to your chaos as we follow three dynamic organizers in this home makeover show tackling decluttering and organizing to create functional, appealing spaces. Chaos to Calm is now streaming on UP Faith & Family here
- Organize your pantry and throw out older perishable or expired food items. Gather food you don’t intend to use and donate to your local shelter or food bank.
- Clean out your closets. Now is the time to get rid of clothing you never wear, items that are too small or too big should be packed up to be donated. Keep items you love or will potentially wear and rid yourself of clothing that is simply taking up space.
- Declutter your drawers in your kitchen. The junk drawer or EVERYTHING drawer that we all have – it’s time we finally clean and organize it. Now is the time to discover what has been hiding in plain sight.
- A deep clean of your bathroom, neglected areas throughout your home like baseboards, look under those sofa cushions and vacuum them out. Once you have completed the spring cleaning now it’s time to relax. Light candles, stream your favorite series or movies on UP Faith & Family, and enjoy the fruits of your labor.
Get Outdoors – Now is the perfect time to experience the outdoors while the heat is not too unbearable, and the temperature is perfect for outdoor activities with friends and family.
- Have a park day with the family, enjoy the playground area with the kids, bring a ball, and enjoy a game of kickball or softball. Make sure to bring water to stay hydrated.
- If sports aren’t your thing, have a picnic. Picnics are a great way to enjoy time outdoors, relax, and converse over food. Pack your favorite snacks, make sandwiches, or grab a sandwich from your favorite deli. Picnics are now being elevated with charcuterie boards and a wide array of things. Customize it to your taste, get creative and do a themed picnic. Make sure to bring blankets, pillows, plasticware, and napkins, and enjoy a nice meal outside. Need some quick recipes for your picnic, then check out this episode of Girls Got to Eat where host Tammi Weed walks you through making all-star appetizers. This episode includes spinach artichoke dip, shrimp cocktail, and jalapeno poppers. Your picnic will surely be a hit with everyone. Watch exclusively on UP Faith & Family here
- Enjoy outdoor festivals. There is a range of festivals that take place during spring from music festivals to cherry blossom festivals. These are great for all ages and there should be a festival for everyone’s interests.
Movie Night – Movie nights are a sure way to spend quality time with the family or even a cute date night.
- Create a popcorn station. Grab different flavors of popcorn, from cheese to caramel corn or if you prefer to use plain popcorn and create a variety with toppings, then the options are endless. There are popcorn seasonings ranging from butter to garlic parmesan, don’t forget the hot butter, plus a few options to create the perfect mix. We recommend chocolate, and pretzels, and don’t forget the napkins. For an added touch, check out your local dollar store for movie-themed popcorn containers.
- Binge watch a series of movies, some of our favorites include the Love Comes Softly series, A Very Country Wedding, and the Love Finds You series.
- Another great option is for a movie night outdoors. If you don’t have a projector, there are a range of budget-friendly options for travel projectors available on Amazon and at your local supercenters like Walmart or Target. Gather around with lawn chairs, or blankets and pillows for a movie night on the lawn.
What are some of your favorite things to do during the spring? Share them below!