We’re two weeks away from December and it feels like it was just summer. As December quickly approaches, many people barely have time to enjoy the in-between time when we can enjoy the fall weather, celebrate Thanksgiving, enjoy fall favorites like pumpkin spice, and obsess over beautiful fall colors. Retailers have begun adding extra shelves for Christmas right after the 4th of July ended, leaving many to feel the pressure of buying gifts, Thanksgiving and Christmas preparations, parties, and family engagements, which can all seem daunting.
The holiday season doesn’t have to feel stressful! You still have time to relish in the beautiful fall weather, enjoy football games, bake pumpkin pie, and celebrate Thanksgiving Day. Times have changed drastically, but a constant will always be quality time with your loved ones. Remember that the holiday season is not only about what can be bought but about the people who make those moments into memories.
Here are some tips to remain stress-free and enjoy the in-between times:
- Shop for Christmas gifts when you have extra money. Take advantage of sales throughout the year, but especially during Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
- Don’t feel pressured to buy extravagant gifts, it’s truly the thought that counts. If you know someone who loves a certain dessert, make it for them. If someone loves to watch Hudson & Rex, consider gifting them a subscription to UP Faith & Family. Remember, meaningful gifts come from the heart!
- Plan ahead – food prep, cleaning, and decorating can be done ahead of time, leaving you more time to spend with your loved ones.
- Get your family and friends involved in the kitchen to spend quality time together and show off their cooking skills.
- Call and check on your loved ones as the holiday season can be a tough time for many.
- Remember Thanksgiving and Christmas are only one day, but giving thanks, and spreading love can be done year-round.
Take time to breathe and remember to enjoy the time and moments in-between.